Global Communications Traffic Map 2005
This world map shows global communications as reflected by:
- Minutes of international outband telephone calls per person (2004)
- No data
- Telephone traffic flows in millions of minutes: “Each band is proportional to the total annual traffic on the public telephone network in both directions between each pair of countries. The map shows all inter-continental routes with a volume of more than 100 million minutes.”
The map also indicates telephone codes and time zones, city names, and time zone boundaries within countries.
Region inset panels provide graphs and statistics on traffic flows (in descending order from 100 to 10 million minutes), country total (100-500-1,500), and balance of traffic (on routes where traffic in one direction accounts for more than 60 percent of the total) for Asia & Australasia, North America, Europe, and Latin America & the Caribbean.
Additionaly, the map offers graphs on inbound traffic to top VolP destinations, percentages of total inbound VolP and inbound switched traffic by region, interregional traffic flows, the percentages of wholesale traffic terminated and their associated revenues by destination region, and international call volumes and growth rates.
Produced by TeleGeography Research, a Research Division of PriMetrica, Inc.
Sponsored by iBasis, a global VoIP company.
Designed by Markus Kristotya and Eric Schoonover.
“This work is based upon sources believed to be reliable, but the publisher does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information for any purpose and is not responsible for any errors or omissions. The political boundaries in this map are taken from authoritative sources and are believed to be accurate at the date of publication of this map.”
This map is in the collection of copyrighted maps of the Geosciences and Map Library, Fine Hall (B level), Princeton University.
Call number: MC G3201.P94.2005.T4
© 2005 TeleGeography, Inc. All rights reserved.
This map is one in a series:
- Image:MG©European Terrestrial Networks Map, 2002.djvu
- Image:MG©Submarine Cable Map, 2007.djvu
- Image:MG©Global Communications Traffic Map, 2005.djvu
- Image:MG©Global Internet Map, 2006.djvu