Geological Time Table
This poster has two main elements:
- The “Geographical Time Table” documents:
- Orogenic events
- Magnetic polarity and anomaly numbers
- Stratigraphic Classification
- Major biotic events
- Major paleographic paleoceanographic events
- Continental Paleoclimatological Classification: Glacials and Interglacials
- Archeological Classification
- A set of nine Paleogeographic – Paleoceanographic Maps, one each for:
- Early Pliocene
- Middle Miocene
- Mid Oligocene
- Late Paleocene
- Mid Cretaceous
- Middle Jurassic
- Middle Triassic
- Early Devonian
- Late Cambrian
Legend: Symbols to mark Inferred Surface circulation, potential locus of warm deep water, potential pathways of bottom war, inferred spreading ridges and inferred upwelling areas.
Elsevier Science B.V.
This map is Map Number 1409 in the collection of copyrighted maps of the Geosciences and Map Library, Fine Hall (B level), Princeton University.
© 1998 Elsevier Science B.V.