Those Who have Returned, 1999
This map shows the number of displaced people who have returned to their original location after exile. The areas of the circles are proportional to the number of returning refugees in each country.
The population this map refers to are refugees who have been displaced internally (within their own country) and have returned home under the two year protection of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, receiving HCR help for the duration.
Cartographer: Philippe Rekacewicz
- United Nations High Commission for Refugees (HCR)
- World Refugee Survey 2000, US Committee for Refugees (USCR)
- World Bank, World Development Report 2000-2001, Washington DC.
- United Nations High Commission for Refugees HCR
- US Committee for Refugees (USCR)
- Global internally displaced persons -IDP- database
© Le Monde Diplomatique