Telegraph Chart – Europe and America
This illustrated poster includes several elements, principally:
- A map labeled “Chart showing the track of the Great Submarine Atlantic Telegraph with the principal land and submarine telegraph lines in Europe and America. Also, tracks of steamships, and the depth of the ocean.”
- “Account of the invention and operation of the magnetic telegraph.”
- “Description of making and laying submarine telegraph cables.”
- A table showing “Overland Telegraphs of the World”
- A table showing “Submarine Telegraphs of the World”
Out of copyright. Originally © H.H. Lloyd & Co., New York, 1858.
Wynkoop, Hallenbeck & Thomas, Printers.
A different edition of the same chart is described at http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/53225067
- Telegraph chart of the world: showing submarine cables, principal land lines, and wireless telegraph stations open for commercial purposes, Hydrographic Department, Great Britain, 1922.