Energy Map of the World, 2003 edition
The map shows gas and oil fields, gas and oil pipelines, import and export terminals and plants and refineries of different sizes. It also uses color to show elevations above or below sea level.
Two inset pie charts show information on World Reserves.
- Reserves by Publicly Traded Company, listing major oil and gas companies
- Estimated Reserves by NOC (“national oil company”) by region
- South and Central America; America; Africa; Europe; Middle East; Asia Pacific; Former Soviet Union;
- Refinery Operators by Publicly Traded Company
- Refinery Operators by NOC
- World Refineries (capacity by country as of January 1, 2003)
- Gas Statistics (production, 2001)
Legend: symbols for gas or gas condensate fields; oil fields; gas pipelines; oil pipelines; gas pipelines under construction, planned or proposed; oil pipelines under construction, planned or proposed; LNG import terminals; LNG import terminals under construction, planned or proposed; LNG export plants; LNG export plant under construction, planned or proposed; refineries by production capacity (barrels/day), major import and export terminals; major gas pipeline projects; major oil pipeline projects.
Produced by: Petroleum Economist Ltd. in association with Deutsche Bank
- BP Statistical Review of World Energy
- Cedigaz, Paris
- Energy Research Institute RAS, Moscow
- International Energy Agency
- Oil and Gas Journal, Worldwide refining report, 2003
- Penspen Ltd.
- Ruhrgas AG, Essen
- Wood Mackenzie
This map is Map Number 1412 in the collection of copyrighted maps of the Geosciences and Map Library, Fine Hall (B level), Princeton University.
© Jun-03 The Petroleum Economist Limited