Chinese emigration to the World
The first map (above) indicates the number of Chinese in a foreign country or town, amounting to a total of 12 millions. The second map shows the distribution of Chinese emigrants by percentages. This map also indicates numbers of emigrants in each country, percentages of emigrants in each town, provinces with large amounts of emigrants, and harbours of emigration.
Legend for “Distribution of Chinese Emigrants”:
- less than 1%
History and Commercial Atlas of China, Albert Herrmann, Ph.D., Harvard University Press, 1935.
See Huhai Website.
This map is one in the series:
- Asia under the Mongols, 1290 A.D.
- Chinese abroad, ca. 1930 A.D.
- The Chinese Republic with Tibet and Mongolia c. 1935
- Modern China-Traffic and Communications, 20th Century
- The Manchu Empire and the European Powers, 1644-1912 A.D.
- Beginnings of the Mongol Empire-Boundaries of 1234 A.D.
- Foreign Religions in Central Asia and China up to the 14th Century A.D.