Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013
We are thrilled to announce that our very own Derek Lidow, former James Wei Visiting Professor in Entrepreneurship and current professor of the popular course Entrepreneurial Leadership
, has just published a book. His new book, titled "Startup Leadership: How Savvy Entrepreneurs Turn Their ideas Into Successful Enterprises", is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com. Click here
to reserve your copy today!
How startup entrepreneurs can make the leap from founder to long-term leader
Why do so many entrepreneurs found innovative enterprises, only to find themselves failing as leaders once the business gets off the ground? Because, according to Derek Lidow, being an entrepreneur is fundamentally different from being a business leader. In Startup Leadership: How Savvy Entrepreneurs Turn Their Ideas into Successful Enterprises, Lidow shows how to avoid the mistakes that confounded thousands of "geniuses"--even Steve Jobs--and become an Entrepreneurial Leader who combines the opposing natures of the entrepreneur and the leader.
An entrepreneur's goal is making his or her vision a reality--a basically selfish, though beneficial, act. A leader, on the other hand, focuses on others, forging individuals with differing wants, needs, and visions into a winning team. In Startup Leadership, entrepreneur and professor Derek Lidow outlines exactly how one can balance these two opposing natures and provides you with the skills and tools to become an Entrepreneurial Leader.
- Based on Lidow's popular and well-respected course at Princeton University
- Developed out of extensive research and real-world experience
- Distills Lidow's insights into best practices for growing with the company you created
- Prepares to avoid the unseen traps that trip up many entrepreneurs
- With a unique approach based on extensive research and real-world application, Startup Leadership is a roadmap for innovators who seek to become Entrepreneurial Leaders who can successfully lead their team, enterprise, and themselves to lasting success.