February 15-17, 2013Time:
Starts at 7 p.m.
Location: Sherrerd Hall, Princeton University
Students: build apps for the fastest growing apps platform in the world and win tablets, Xbox bundles, phones and gift cards!
With over 60 million licenses sold and over 35,000 apps debuting in just over a month, Windows 8 is the fastest growing platform in the world today. In Windows Phone 8, you have a serious player in the world of smartphones with over 100,000 apps available for download. If you are excited about the immense opportunities promised by these platforms and want to win some neat prizes for building apps for Windows phones and PCs, come join us!
Microsoft is proud to host its second annual hackathon on-campus at Princeton University this spring. Build apps for Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 and win awesome prizes such as tablets,phones and Xbox bundles (see details below). Onsite expertise will be available to get you started and help demo the apps. There will be snacks and food going during the entire weekend. Every app that demos automatically wins $20 and you are eligible to submit your app to the Windows Store immediately.
- Best Windows 8 App: Win8 Tablet(s) (Microsoft Surface RT, Samsung Ativ 500t)*
- Best Windows Phone 8 App: Win Phone 8 device(s) (ex. Nokia Lumia 820/920)*
- Best Princeton-specific App: Xbox 360 Bundle(s) (Console + Kinect)*
- Best Designed App: Xbox 360
- Honorable Mention: Office Suite, Windows 8 license, XBox games
- All Apps that demo: $20 gift-card
*maximum of 2 to be given away for teams of 2 or more.
Competition is limited to students, but the event is free and open to the public!